My Little man had trouble feeding with his colic and reflux, and sometimes seeing him bringing all his milk back was hard. I was advised that breast milk would be better for him, i am glad i continued to feed him. Other people suggested it wasn't right for him but i new that this was the best start he could have.
Sometimes i expressed milk if i was going out, i personally was daunted by the thought of feeding in public. I would often get comments such as 'ooh look at that baby having formula' but i knew that it wasn't and that was good enough for me.
So in a nut shell (and i know everybody is different) but these are some tips that worked for me.
- Use the support of the hospital midwife, ask questions and get comfortable feeding before you come home
- There is lots of information out there sometimes conflicting, but stick to your guns (you soon start to know what is best for your baby- this surprised me)
- Be prepared you could be handled overcoming that was a big obstacle for me - i found it very strange but remember they have seen it before.
- Realise that people will offer advice, comment and make asumptions (often people you don't know) i used what was useful and ignored what wasn't!
- If you are struggling get support. Do what feels right for you and your baby
- Enjoy the experience
Check out some of the other blog posts:
Tea with Felicity
Life, Love and Living with boys
Life Happens so smile
As part of this there is a fabulous competition to win £500 worth of goodies including a Mamascarf:
a Rafflecopter giveaway